Criteria for 7th Grade
Applications/Nominations to PREP 9 (our boarding school program) are encouraged for students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently in the seventh grade in a public, charter, or parochial school in New York City or the surrounding metropolitan areas (New Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, and Connecticut);
- Of African American or Latino descent.
And meet one of the additional following criteria:
- A scaled score of 325 or above on the New York State ELA reading exam administered during the 2014-2015 school year;
- An overall average of 90% or above;
- A scaled score of 324 or above on the New York State Math exam administered during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- For any alternate standardized reading or math exam taken in the 2014-2015 academic year (e.g. New Jersey or Connecticut students), students must score within the 90th percentile or above.
The PREP 9 Promise: One Student's Journey
If your child qualifies, please complete the online inquiry form below to start the admissions process. You will be required to provide us with a copy of the applicant’s most recent reading scores or his or her most recent report card.
|Nominator (School Personnel, Community Organization)|
Because of the efforts of guidance counselors and teachers like you, students have been afforded this opportunity of a lifetime. Thank you!
You are encouraged to nominate students to PREP 9, our boarding school program, who meet the aforementioned criteria.
Click below for the Admissions Brochure