The Admissions Application and First Level Testing for 2016-2017 is now closed.
Criteria for PREP 9 (7th Grade)
Applications/Nominations to PREP 9 (our boarding school program) are encouraged for students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently in the seventh grade in a public, charter, or parochial school in New York City or the surrounding metropolitan areas (New Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, and Connecticut);
- Of African American or Latino descent.
And meet one of the additional following criteria:
- A scaled score of 325 or above on the New York State ELA reading exam administered during the 2015-2016 school year;
- An overall average of 90% or above;
- A scaled score of 324 or above on the New York State Math exam administered during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- For any alternate standardized reading or math exam taken in the 2015-2016 academic year (e.g. New Jersey or Connecticut students), students must score within the 90th percentile or above.