Undergraduate Affairs Officer
Organization Summary: Prep for Prep is an education and leadership development program that creates ethical and effective leaders who reflect our diverse society. Prep identifies New York City’s most promising students of color, prepares them for success at the nation's top independent schools throughout the Northeast, and supports their academic and personal growth through college graduation. Today, over 5,000 students and alumni in the Prep for Prep Community are leaders in every field imaginable.
The Undergraduate Affairs Officer reports to the Director of Undergraduate Affairs and starts July 1st.
The Undergraduate Affairs Team:
- Believes in and demonstrates Prep for Prep’s core values of Excellence, Integrity, Commitment, and Courage
- Supports the holistic wellness of our students by providing student-centric programming and consistent communication
- Works with a collaborative spirit within our organization and the larger college success nonprofit community
UA Officer Scope of Work:
- Manage a caseload of student roster in designated regions (this includes routine check-ins along with proactive outreach and follow-ups) and triage student academic, financial, and mental health needs
- Assist students in applying for emergency relief funding and submit requests to the Director of Undergraduate Affairs
- Meet with the Director weekly to review case notes, escalate student issues, and discuss weekly deliverables and other duties as assigned.
- Engage actively and remain informed of the college success landscape by attending professional development opportunities along with other collaborative/partnership building events, reading relevant materials (i.e., reports, newsletters, etc)
- Assist in the execution and implementation of virtual and in-person programming that is student-centric and culturally responsive
- Complete annual cycles of data management of student enrollment and graduation status
- Conduct administrative duties as needed (i.e., email blasts to the UA community, creating Google Forms, RSVPs, and other administrative needs as they arise)
- Liaise and work collaboratively with other departments (i.e., LDO, External Affairs, Tech) whenever necessary
- Supervise and facilitate the Young Women’s and/or Gender Non-binary student groups on a routine basis, including collaborating with mental health professionals in workshop development and execution
- Develop social media strategy to increase student engagement (including but not limited to designing creative and relevant content as well as posting departmental updates)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated interest in youth development and/or educational equity work.
- Embody and advocate for Prep for Prep’s values of Excellence, Integrity, Commitment, Courage, and Community.
- Excellent communicator, problem solver, and project leader, adept at managing multiple and competing priorities in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ability to work well with undergraduates, colleagues, community stakeholders, and supporters from a range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Exercise a strong sense of priority, strong work ethic, time management, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Prep for Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin and is an equal opportunity employer.