Prep for Prep seeks a Corporate & Foundation Relations Officer with 2-3 years of prior institutional and/or other fundraising experience for an established nonprofit organization(s). We are seeking a positive, pro-active, detail-oriented, motivated individual, with exceptional writing skills who will accomplish all projects and approach interactions with colleagues, external supporters and vendors with a great degree of professionalism and enthusiasm. As one of five members of the Development team, and reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate & Foundation Relations Officer’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responsible for raising nearly $2 million annually in foundation and corporate support.
· Manage and build upon existing solid relationships with major foundation, corporate and corporate foundation supporters and prospective supporters.
· Maintain fundraising calendar by preparing renewals, reports and other key memorandum in a timely and organized manner, including but not limited to formal fundraising proposals, Board meeting documents, Annual Report editorial components, and other solicitations.
· Work with Finance to create basic financial reports and budgets accompanying proposals.
· Work with Vice President for External Affairs, Director of Development, and Trustees to develop new and/or improved relationships with additional prospective funders. Spearhead and manage all prospecting and researching efforts of these new and potential corporate and foundation funders.
· Support the Vice President for External Affairs and Director of Development on an as-needed basis with important annual events such as the End of Year Appeal, Lilac Ball, Annual Report coordination and annual reception for key donors, as well as occasional, additional editorial support on discrete projects.
· Oversee the updating and management of key organizational data and statistics. Research and compile sources of data (such as student demographic statistics) for proposal and External Affairs needs.
o Bachelor’s degree
o Two years of experience working with foundations and corporate grant funders, or in another fundraising capacity
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
o Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
o Experience with Raisers Edge other donor management software
o Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software such as MS Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat X as well as social media platforms.
o Familiarity with Prep’s mission and/or previous experience working with students of color a plus.
Applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to:
Director of Personnel