|Prep for Prep’s staff and the Preparatory Component faculty who teach our students are a diverse, intensely committed team deeply motivated by our mission. Current job opportunities are listed below. Contact Sharon Ruiz, Prep’s Director of Human Resources, to learn more.|
|Program Assistant for Smart Connections|
Smart Connections: A Networking Initiative Developed by Prep for Prep was launched in 2007 to more formally continue Prep’s long history of sharing its best practices with like-minded organizations and individuals. By offering assistance, Smart Connections leverages Prep’s extraordinary track record to help strengthen organizations and improve the life prospects of many more young people. This work is accomplished by providing ongoing consulting and technical assistance, connecting groups and individuals with shared goals, and hosting a biennial conference.
Prep for Prep seeks a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual to manage logistical and support services for Smart Connections. This position will further the networking and outreach efforts of the Director of Smart Connections and provide assistance for the 2014 Smart Connections conference. The position also offers a wonderful opportunity to become familiar with the inner workings of a successful not-for-profit organization and to gain exposure to a wide array of other education-based nonprofits. Please note that this position is for one year only, from July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014.
- Provide support in coordination and execution of biennial conference, including research, mailings, registration, travel arrangements, on-site support, etc.
- Help develop and manage social media outreach efforts
- Research and write content for website and social media posts
- Update printed materials related to Smart Connections and various Prep for Prep programs
- Organize materials and logistics for visitors to Smart Connections
- Manage and maintain database
- Provide administrative support to the director, including scheduling meetings and events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills; highly detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; customer service orientation
- Superior writing skills
- Familiarity with social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.) and internet research tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Outlook
- Experience with mailings and electronic communications
- Event planning and web design experience a plus
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritize, and handle time-sensitive situations, as well as deliver on longer-term projects
- Readiness to be a team player, with the ability also to be a self-starter and work independently
- Passionate about the mission of Prep for Prep and other like-minded organizations
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed
Education & Experience
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please send cover letter with resume to: Personnel@prepforprep.org
|Teachers for Summer School Program|
Prep for Prep and PREP 9 seek teachers for their 7-week summer preparatory programs (June 26 through August 16, 2013) for 6th - 8th graders. Openings in English, Science, French and Spanish. Classes for Prep for Prep will be held at the Trinity School; classes for PREP 9 will be held at the High School of St. Vincent Ferrer.
Minimum 3 years experience.
Salary $4,500-7,000 for the entire session, depending on experience. $3,500 - $4,500 for less than 3 years experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to: