The Professional Advancement Coordinator has primary day-to-day responsibility for maintaining and improving Prep for Prep’s High School Summer Internship Program, which serves high school juniors and seniors. The Professional Advancement Coordinator reports to the Director of Professional Advancement.Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the execution of the High School Summer Internship Program
- Student Recruitment
- Interview high school students to assess their interests for appropriate job placement
- Process applications
- Oversee interview process
- Manage student selection
- Counsel students regarding internship opportunities
- Job Referral/Placement
- Format and finalize resumes
- Coach students prior and subsequent to interview and throughout the summer
- Refer students to multiple positions based on skills, experience and position availability
- Advocate on behalf of individual applicants
- Negotiate employment terms with employers (wage, hours, project assignments)
- Track placement activities and employer outreach
- Event Management
- Coordinate, develop and implement activities including workshops and career seminars
- Manage the planning, facilitation and curriculum for workshops on various aspects of job-seeking, i.e. interviewing, resume writing, etc.
- Program Evaluation
- Check-in with students during summer internships to discuss progress / address issues
- Collect and analyze performance evaluations
- Work with Director to determine program modifications
- Maintain ongoing relationships with managers and key leaders in hiring departments in order to understand the business unit and its recruitment needs. Attend meetings as requested to acquire substantial knowledge about the business objectives, goals, operations and work culture.
- Manage Special Initiatives as needed incl. research programs and promote opportunities in line with students interest, providing application feedback and interview preparation, working closely with key organizations (e.g. universities, nonprofit organizations etc.) as needed.
- Monitor donor funded internship budget and coordinate payroll for interns paid through Prep liaising with Finance department as necessary and follow-up with students for submission of required documents
- Manage Career Seminar Series logistics incl. event promotion, registration, and attendance
- Coordinate volunteer activity incl. Mock Phone Interview program. Manage and report on volunteer activity
- Work in collaboration with Post-Placement Counseling Department to Identify and recruit student nominees for various professional and leadership development programs, manage application process and serve as a point of contact for participating programs. Understand student academics/records that might affect placement.Key skills and responsibilities include:
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience of working in a busy office environment
- Prior experience of working with high-potential students. Prior experience of working with internship and / or other student placement services and/ or recruitment and selection would be an advantage.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills – able to manage multiple priorities, meet demanding deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proven high-level proficiency in uses of databases, MS Office and GoogleDocs
- Thoughtful and analytical.
- Proactive and solutions-orientated. Able to think creatively to ensure results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills – maintains tact and diplomacy even when under pressure.
- Flexible … may require some evenings and weekends etc
- An excellent team player. Collaborates and works well with others.
- Committed to Prep for Prep’s mission
Prep for Prep expects all employees to demonstrate the values of Excellence, Integrity, Commitment, Courage and CommunityHOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Professional Advancement Coordinator (High School)” to:
Director of Human Resources & Staff Development[email protected]PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
ProfessionalMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED