Associate Director of the Prep for Prep Preparatory Component
Organization Summary: Prep for Prep is an education and leadership development program that develops ethical and effective leaders who reflect our diverse society. Prep identifies New York City’s most promising students of color, prepares them for success at the nation's top independent schools throughout the Northeast, and supports their academic and personal growth through college graduation. Today, over 5,000 students and alumni in the Prep for Prep Community are leaders in every field imaginable.
The Opportunity: The Prep for Prep Preparatory Component's Associate Director will work with the Preparatory Components of the Prep for Prep (5th-6th grade) programs.
The Associate Director of the Prep Preparatory Component reports to the Director of Academic Programs.
- Assist in the recruitment, screening, and recommendation of candidates for faculty positions.
- Assist the Director in conducting Parent Meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the Placement Process: assuring the timely submission of all application materials.
- Oversee the entire financial aid process, ensuring the quality and integrity of the financial aid applications.
- Conduct individual meetings with families throughout the financial aid process and aid in completing forms of select families.
- Supervise the Dean of Students throughout the financial aid process
- Respond to parent concerns; conduct parent meetings on the curriculum, grade reports, etc.
- In conjunction with the Director of Academic Programs and the Dean of Students, conduct conferences with parents; conduct individual parent conferences concerning school visits, status of students, dismissal of students, etc.
- Supervise the Dean of Students, recording unprepareds, assuring that families are notified in a timely manner.
- Supervise the Dean of Students, ensuring that the Dean coordinates and facilitates study halls during the school year.
- Interview candidates who are seeking admission to Prep for Prep.
- In conjunction with the Dean of Students, hire and supervise the Teaching Assistants for the summer session.
- Strong academic credentials, including a BA from a competitive college.
- Embody and advocate for Prep for Prep’s values of Excellence, Integrity, Commitment, Courage, and Community.
- Detailed-oriented, highly organized and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work Monday-Friday during the summer; Tuesday-Saturday during the school year.
- Experience in an independent school environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving and preparing underserved, racially, and culturally diverse students for academic success.
- Competent user of MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; comfortable with databases and GoogleDocs.
Prep for Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin and is an equal opportunity employer.