Organization Summary: Prep for Prep is an education and leadership development program that creates ethical and effective leaders who reflect our diverse society. Today, over 5,000 students and alumni in the Prep for Prep Community are leaders in every field imaginable.
Position Summary: The Director of Alumni Affairs (DAA) is a strategic partner, relationship manager, and fundraiser who reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships and Director of Communications to advance the life-transforming work of Prep for Prep through annual giving, major gift support, special events, and alumni engagement.
The DAA drives fundraising initiatives and enduring engagement across Prep for Prep’s alumni community to build generations of leaders who promote Prep’s core values, engage friends and supporters in Prep’s work, and help to advance our mission through philanthropy, mentoring, networking, volunteerism, and professional advancement.
The Director of Alumni Affairs will report to the Executive Director. This full-time role is currently a hybrid position based in our 71st Street office.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Providing responsive leadership in activating, supporting, and working collaboratively with key stakeholders and partners, including the Alumni Council, Board Committees, and alumni-led Affinity Groups, as well as Development, Communications, Program staff, Finance and Administration Offices, and the Executive Office.
- In coordination with the Development team, executing fundraising strategies through moves management to ensure that alumni and their contacts are identified, cultivated, solicited, and stewarded to expand Prep’s support base and increase fundraising goals to meet organizational growth and sustainability.
- Directing all aspects of the annual Alumni Giving Campaign, including special appeals, fund-raising events, and major gift initiatives.
- Oversee information management of alumni, ensuring that contact and demographic information is correct and up-to-date, that milestones (marriages, births, graduations, and other special announcements) are recorded and acknowledged, and that database/CRM systems align with best practices and functionality to execute a rigorous alumni engagement and philanthropy program.
- Manage a robust annual schedule of alumni events, maintaining the vitality of existing social, cultural, and networking gatherings as well as developing new programs relevant to the mission and in response to community needs and societal issues.
- In coordination with the Communications team, oversee all Alumni Affairs communication, including e-news, announcements, social media, invitations, content, and functionality of alumni-related pages of the website, and other digital and print communication.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive relevant experience required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Five to seven years of experience working in Development, Advancement, or Alumni Engagement with increasing levels of responsibility and a demonstrated track record of raising funds. Major gifts experience a plus.
- Experience managing or leading a team, including part-time entry-level to full-time mid-level professionals.
- Must be an excellent communicator, problem-solver, and project leader, adept at managing multiple and competing priorities promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well with colleagues, community stakeholders, and supporters from various backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide strategic thought leadership, and interact well with various constituent groups.
- Proficient in using database/CRM technology, social media, and other online applications to maximize the use of technology to meet critical department and organizational objectives.
Salary Range: $105,000 to $135,000, based on expertise and experience.
Prep for Prep is an equal-opportunity employer.